The Department of Paediatrics is staffed by male and female Consultants trained in major paediatric hospitals in the UK & USA. Clinics are conducted every morning and evening, with a consultant always on call for paediatric emergencies as well as for complicated and Caesarean Section deliveries. The Department is also responsible for the Special Care Baby Unit in the maternity ward where premature babies and other neonates requiring special attention are looked after.
Like all patients, the children receive the very best in care and attention - in a homely atmosphere. The consultants offer treatment advice, development assessment, and an active immunisation programme. Parents can consult with the paediatricians on any individual child-care problems for children up to the age of sixteen years.
Al Zahra is one of the few hospitals in the UAE that allows mothers to stay overnight in the hospital with their children.
AZH’s Pediatric Department offers a broad range of sub specialties including:
- Child Development Assessment
- Outpatient pediatric and newborn baby consultations
- MOH and DHA approved vaccination
- Metabolic screening including screening of hearing ability in neonates
- State of the art intensive care unit for premature and sick full term babies