Dr. Brian Mtemererwa
Dr. Brian Mtemererwa was qualified in Zimbabwe (1997) before moving to the United Kingdom for specialist training. His higher training was in Leicester Royal Infirmary, Northampton General Hospital, Walsall Manor Hospital and University Hospital Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust.
Dr. Brian was appointed a Consultant Physician in Endocrinology and Acute Medicine and an Honorary Senior Clinical Lecturer and Senior Clinical Examiner for the University of Birmingham Medical School, until his appointment at Al Manara International Hospital in 2016.
Dr. Brian Mtemererwa has sub-specialty interest in disorders of puberty and development, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, pregnancy (antenatal) diabetes care and thyroid disorders. He also has expertise in acutely ill general medical patients and endocrine emergencies, electrolyte and bone metabolic disorders, diabetes (type 1 and 2) care including pump therapy and complications management, pituitary and adrenal gland disorders.
Dr. Brian Mtemererwa is a member of the European Society for Endocrinology; British Endocrine Society; British Thyroid Association; Association of British Clinical Diabetologist; UK Resuscitation Council and Advanced Life Support (ALS) Instructor.
He has helped draw up clinical guidelines, presented at meetings, published and peer reviewed journal articles.
His area of expertise are:
• Disorders of puberty and development
• Fertility, reproductive endocrinology
• Pregnancy (antenatal) diabetes care and thyroid disorders
• Acutely ill general medical patients and endocrine emergencies
• Electrolyte and bone metabolic disorders, diabetes (type 1 and 2) care including pump therapy
• Complications management, pituitary and adrenal gland disorders
• European Society for Endocrinology
• British Endocrine Society
• British Thyroid Association
• Association of British Clinical Diabetologist
• UK Resuscitation Council and Advanced Life Support (ALS) Instructor.
Dr. Brian speaks English and Shona.